Cooking the perfect holiday bird
- To get maximum crispness out of the turkey skin, opt for a dry brine using a mix of Kosher salt and brown sugar.
- Once dry brined, allow your turkey to chill for at least 12 hours; this dries out the turkey skin and allows the meat to retain its natural moisture, leaving the bird perfectly crisp on the outside and moist on the inside.
- It is best to prepare the stuffing outside your turkey so that it develops a palatable crunch – this makes for a more textured bite once you dig into your stuffed turkey.
- If you prefer preparing the stuffing inside the bird, make sure that both the stuffing and the bird reach an internal temperature of 73.8°C before serving.
Simmer the following ingredients until thickened, then glaze the bird a few times throughout the roasting process.
- ¼ cup sherry vinegar
- 4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- 2 orange peels
- 1 stick unsalted butter
And that’s all you need for the perfect festive showstopper. Happy holidays!